I’ve noticed this past week that I’ve been holding on to a lot of water around my mid section & face. I looked back on some of my posts, esp this one (click) and tried some new things that helped me get rid of the bloat.
- Stopped adding extra protein to my smoothies (which I have experimented with before) – for some reason the added protein makes me hold on to a lot of water, so I will need to cycle this through
- Added more leafy greens to my lunch and dinners
- Drinking more water
- I haven’t cut out salt, I’ve just been making sure I’m not ingesting extra amounts- eating at home more
- Added chia to my toast and smoothies, helps my digestion and keeps me full longer
- Cutting down on alcohol- even one beer will give me a gnarly face bloat (shouldn’t be drinking anyways)
- Having my last meal around 6pm- I have found that this gives me more energy in the morning and less sugar cravings at night
- Drinking tea before I go to sleep- I like the Tazo baked cinnamon apple one
- Drinking green tea throughout the day- I like the ITO EN kind
- Breaking a sweat EVERYDAY- good to cycle the toxins out and get your lymphatic system pumping
- Got tan & used bronzing lotion – It’s true if you can’t tone it, tan it lol, I used St. Tropez
Salt is actually really important to have in your diet, just not in copious amounts. The best way to watch your salt intake is to just eat at home and be adding in your own seasonings! Another way to balance your salt intake is to add potassium into your diet. Bananas and other fresh fruits and veggies are a great source of potassium.
For workouts this week I haven’t done much cardio. I’ve been doing yoga sculpt almost every morning and then hiking in my free time.